Insurance Verification ProcessDecember 28, 2016
Insurance Verification Process in Medical Billing Services
Want to know financial clearance/insurance verification & eligibility? In an insurance verification process in medical billing, verifying benefits and coverage are the vital parts to secure payment and avoid denials. A lot of times patients provide outdated health insurance information and practices find it difficult to determine whether the patient is eligible for the claims benefits without verifying with the payer.
At Bikham Healthcare, our dedicated and experienced medical billing team offers over the top Insurance Verification billing services to check the insurance eligibility and benefits through Online as well as Phone with the insurance company regarding any payment responsibility that the patients need to fulfill prior or post the treatment.
- We would be able to provide benefits and eligibility with insurance verification process almost in real-time. We would access the patient demographic through Fax, FTP, and Practice Management System and call the payers for Patient coverage, Benefits, Pre-certs and any authorization in case of any emergencies.
- Our Insurance Verification billing services include the assessment of reimbursement contract review depending on the client requirement.
- If we identify any type of coverage issues prior to patient treatment, we would update the practice so that they would discuss the payment options with the patients at the time of appointment.
Here you can find the list of Bikham’s insurance verification process in medical billing, as shown:
- Effective date and coverage details
- Type of plan
- Payable benefits
- Claims mailing address
- Referrals & pre-authorizations
- Pre-existing clause
- Lifetime maximum
- Other related information
This information is collected and verified before the patient appointment date as it helps in getting referrals, prior authorization numbers, and optimizing the insurance verification process in medical billing, as well as preventing denials due to invalid benefits and eligibility reasons.
Once the insurance verification process is completed and the patient visits the healthcare provider, treatments are generated.